By Donovan Gayles, Susquehanna University
Some of my early impressions about studying abroad for a semester were quickly put to rest after my first several weeks here in Barcelona.
Here are some tips to help you out:
- Take classes seriously because it is possible to fail.
- If you’re in an apartment, there are plenty are grocery stores nearby and the prices are very similar to US stores, but don’t be afraid to eat out.
- Remember the exchange rate! The Euro is worth more than the USD ( 1 Euro = .75 USD).
- Invest in a fanny pack or bag because Barcelona has a very high pick-pocketing rate!
- Pay attention to your surroundings!
- Take advantage of the architecture. There are many beautiful buildings in Barcelona!
- Make local friends as well as friends from your program.
- Find your niche; try new things but also establish what you are used to!